DEMCO PRO LAWN SPRAYERS
Whether you have a modest lawn at home or a larger area on a farm that you’re responsible for, a lawn sprayer can be an indispensable tool. Not only can they make short work of labor-intensive work, the best of them work well with other tools that allow you to get even more done each day.
But if you’re in the market for lawn sprayer, it’s important to know that not all lawn sprayers are built or designed alike. The right lawn sprayer will give you many years of faithful service, while the wrong one will be nothing but a headache, might not work right, and may even damage your lawn.
What To Consider When Choosing a Lawn & Garden Sprayer
Before you make your decision, think about the size of the area you need to spray — would a one-person pump do the job or do you need something that can go on the back of an ATV or cart, or do you need a sprayer that hooks up to your truck or tractor?
Beyond that, consider whether this is something you’ll need once a season or once a week. A small handheld sprayer might work well once a year around the house, but dealing with its shortcomings every week in a small orchard could prove frustrating, if not impossible to work with. And don’t forget the material you’re spraying, which is possibly the most important component. Some materials and applications need much higher pressure than a handheld pump will give, while others could just be dangerous to have on your back or in the wrong place.
- In general, handheld lawn sprayers are good for home gardens, small lawns and maybe a handful of trees, in addition to some light spot spraying. Operation is simple — you must manually pump the sprayer as you work.
- Backpack lawn sprayers are fairly similar, though they have the added benefit of moving the load to your back, so you can carry more and do more than with a handheld pump. Some are also pressurized by a small electric or gas motor, which allows for more continuous operation.
- Spot sprayers are credibly the first pro lawn sprayers you’ll encounter. They work well for gardens, lawns, smaller orchards, as well as pastures and fence rows, but they’ll need to be mounted on an ATV or tractor. Because they’re larger, you might be able to get the whole job done before needing to reload, and most are powered by an electric pump to make continued operation easy.
- Trailer sprayers make good lawn sprayers and pasture sprayers, and they’ll also work on golf courses and athletic fields. These larger lawn sprayers usually come with their own trailer and must be towed by a tractor, truck or other utility vehicle. Trailer sprayer pumps are powered by either an electric or gas motor.
- Similar to a trailer sprayer but intended for the bed of a truck or utility vehicle, or on separate trailer, a skid sprayer is a good lawn sprayer and pasture sprayer, and is viable on gold courses and athletic fields. Motors that power these pumps are either gas or electric.
- A 3-point sprayer attaches directly to a tractor’s 3-point hitch, and is great for larger lawns and pastures, as well as golf courses and athletic fields. These sprayers are powered by the PTO, or power take-off, from the tractor, or an electric motor.
14- & 25-Gallon
Many lawn sprayer manufacturers are good at supplying an affordable, easy-to-assemble product, but their functionality is a big secret until you use it for the first time. Less than desirable agitation and poor drainage are the results acquired from off-the-shelf tank designs.
At Demco, we designed a tank specifically for our Pro Series sprayers. A molded-in baffle system provides excellent circulation and chemical suspension, and a large deep sump ensures uninterrupted application.14
14- & 25 Gallon
The versatile 40 gallon sprayers can be purchased as a skid mount, a rear mount, or as a trailer. These sprayers contain a molded-in baffle for enhanced agitation, a deep sump for uninterrupted application and complete product clean-out.
Demco Pro Series sprayers are not your “off the shelf” mass-produced sprayer. These are high quality sprayers for your lawn, garden, and acreage applications.
The 80 gallon sprayers can be purchased as a skid mount, rear mount or trailer mount with gas or electric pumps. These are available with 80″ to 18′ booms or rear fold booms with an option of in-cab control console to easier control your pump and boom.
110- & 150-Gallon Skid Sprayers
Perfect for acreage spraying, the 110 or 150 gallon Pro Series sprayer can mount in the back of your pickup or flatbed trailer. The heavy duty form steel skid frame is built strong with the high quality you expect from Demco.
110- & 150- Gallon
150- & 200-Gallon ATV Sprayers
The largest capacity Pro Series sprayers are the 150 and 200 gallon sprayers. These single or tandem axle sprayers are perfect for pulling behind your ATV, UTV, or small tractor for spot spraying or spraying small fields or pastures.